Saturday, January 3, 2015

Up, Up, and Away


       Every New Year, many people make resolutions to change something in their lives for the better.  I don't make specific resolutions anymore, because I know I'm not going to keep them.  I do, however, try to have a plan in mind to reach a goal during the year.  This year, my goal is to refine and expand my jewelry business in a way that's fun for both me and my customers.

       The first thing I'll be doing this year is joining a three-month long challenge, which is really more of a master class.  Jewelry makers of every level from around the world will be participating in this challenge, led by noted jewelry designer and artist, Brenda Sue Lansdowne of B'SueBoutiques.com. The best thing about it?  We'll not only learn, but we'll have fun, make new friends, and understand more about who we are as jewelry artists.

       The challenge will be to build a line of jewelry in our own style.  This might sound simple to some ... just slap a few things together that match, and voila ... it's a 'line.'   There's really more to it, and it's not quite as easy as it sounds.  During our 3-month-long class, we'll be exploring what makes a line cohesive and appealing, production and marketing ideas, and much more.  I'm excited to have this opportunity, and you're all welcome to come along with me for the ride!  I'll be sharing much more as the challenge begins, and of course will continue to have new designs coming along.  I'm up, up, and away ... off and running!

      What's your goal for the coming year?  I wish you all the best!


~ Pamela

Novegatti Designs

12 comments:

  1. Great blog! Looking forward to "soaring with you!" Happy New Year. Hugs, Susan Bowerman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! This is going to be a fun ride! ;) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Great post, love the balloons!! I look forward to participating in this challenge with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm excited for not only the challenge, but to learn more about the wonderful people who are participating. ;)

      Delete
  3. wonderful Blog Pamela .. Looking forward to seeing your designs and participating in this challenge with you ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jann! I'm so looking forward to it all too! ;)

      Delete
  4. Love your post, Pamela! I am looking forward to this challenge, too!! Gina H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina! Isn't this going to be fun? I can't wait! ;)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful! Gets you excited about something NEW! Wish I could participate, but my circumstances won't permit it...but you go guys and dolls!! Up, up and away! Sandra Martinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! I'm sorry you can't participate this time, but come along with us for the ride, and hopefully next time you can join in too! ;)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful blog post, Pamela! I am looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas for their Lined, and to participating in my very first blog hop!! See you there, Pamela!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marcia! I'm looking forward to the blog hop too ... even if I really don't still understand it, LOL. We'll all lean on each other!

      Delete